Thursday, October 30, 2008

MRI, etc.

I got a call yesterday asking if I could come in last night for my MRI so I did. It wasn't too terrible because I took 2 Valium and they gave me headphones so I could listen to relaxing music and they gave me glasses that had mirrors which allowed me to see out the end of the tube. It helped a lot. Now I just have to wait for the results and hope I don't need surgery. If I do I think it's just an outpatient surgery but the recovery time is very long and my arms will have to be in slings for 6 weeks - that's pretty limiting. We're having the missionaries and an investigator and his son for dinner tonight so I've been making cheesy potatoes and a gingerbread pumpkin trifle. If it turns out as good as I hope I'll post the recipe - it's easy.

I talked to Lily's mom and we arranged to have lunch with her and Lily's father a week from Sat. at the Oregon Electric Station (a really cool restaurant with railroad cars you eat in). I've met her and talked to her before but it'll be nice to meet her father and to discuss some things about the wedding. She wants to involve me quite a bit.

I finally registered and got on the new Family Search and did a little combining of records and requesting temple work to be done. I was a little surprised that there was still some work that needed to be done for some ancestors that have already been found.

We had a little scare with Milo. He must have gotten out of the house sometime on Tues. but we didn't know and thought he'd gone back into the garage. Wed. morning we realized he was no where to be found. We looked and looked and called him but couldn't find him anywhere. Finally Don just left the garage door open hoping he'd come back in and eventually he did. He was happy to be home - he must have had a cold night outside.

Don's almost done with his Mayflower model ship. He's waiting for me to sew the sails for him. I'll probably do them tomorrow. It's a very impressive model - I put a picture up when he finishes.

No comments:

Joshua and Lily

Joshua and Lily
Joshua and Lily on the Oregon coast

South Falls

South Falls
South Falls at Silver Falls State Park

Don

Don
Don relaxing at our cabin at Silver Falls State Park, Sept. '08