Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Shoulder surgery







Well, I went to the orthopedist for my follow-up today and I definitely need surgery on my right shoulder. I have a torn rotator cuff - the tendon is hanging by a thread. I'm waiting until the 7th of January to have it (wanted to be able to decorate for Christmas) - then 4 weeks in a sling and 6 months until full recovery with lots of physical therapy in between. That's going to be VERY hard! Don will have to do a lot for me and I'm sure he'll be sick of helping me by the time I'm well. I'm just hoping to be fully recovered by Joshua and Lily's wedding. My left shoulder will need surgery too, but the tendon is still OK so it can wait.

Went to Costco yesterday and Don bought me a new down jacket. I didn't have any warm jackets that fit me and I've been freezing - this one is nice and cozy and it was a good price.

Milo had a little outdoor adventure the other day. I guess he got out and we didn't know it - we thought he'd gone back into the garage. By the time we discovered he was out, he'd been out all night and he didn't come back until later the next day. We were pretty worried for awhile because we looked everywhere and called him but couldn't find him. Don finally opened the garage door and eventually he wandered back in.

Eugene is an interesting town. The other day I was driving by the library when I heard people yelling and saw them pointing. When I looked to see what they were yelling about and where they were pointing, I saw a guy riding a bike with no pants on. What more can I say about that?

I'm posting pictures of some of my fall decorations, my Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle and our view this time of year.

Here's the recipe for the trifle:

Pumpkin layer

1 box instant vanilla pudding (made as directed) - large box if your bowl is big
1 can pumpkin - large can if you use large box of pudding
1 tsp. cardomom or cinnamon

1 - 2 boxes gingerbread mix (made as directed) - use 2 boxes if using large bowl

whipped cream

Layer crumbled (large pieces) gingerbread, pumpkin mix, whipped cream - repeat. Top with crushed gingersnaps.

The missionaries and our other guests loved this trifle the other night.

No comments:

Joshua and Lily

Joshua and Lily
Joshua and Lily on the Oregon coast

South Falls

South Falls
South Falls at Silver Falls State Park

Don

Don
Don relaxing at our cabin at Silver Falls State Park, Sept. '08