Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Morning

We had a great time at the Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys concert Friday night at The Shedd. We sat with the directors of The Shedd Institute at dinner and learned a lot about how they book the artists and about music in general. I felt a little ignorant because they know everyone in the music industry, most of whom I'd never heard of, but it was interesting and made me want to attend lots more concerts.

Jeremy's car broke down yesterday and we think it's dead. I don't know what he'll do about transportation because he can't afford another car and the rainy season is starting. I worry a lot about him.

Don and I are attending the "Strengthening Marriage" class in Sunday School now and it's been helpful - we're already communicating better and working on issues we've been ignoring for awhile.

We've got a lot of sisters in our ward that are going through some very difficult times and need help and support. I worry about them and it's difficult knowing that I can't always solve all their problems. I've come to love people who are very different from me and whose circumstances, backgrounds and choices are very different from mine. Being Relief Society President has really helped me grow and become more compassionate and understanding.

I bought some Size 0 jeans on Saturday - Wow, that's amazing, and they feel comfortable and look good. My weight has been stable now for about 3 months - I hope I can maintain this weight forever now. So far, it's been easy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best of luck on finding a new car for Jeremy. I'm glad you're finding the Marriage class helpful. My marriage really benefited from reading The Five Love Languages together. I recommend it to anyone.

And congratulations on the jeans. I am finally to the point in life when my own metabolism seems to have stopped; I'm still a "growing boy," but unfortunately in the wrong direction :-).

Joshua and Lily

Joshua and Lily
Joshua and Lily on the Oregon coast

South Falls

South Falls
South Falls at Silver Falls State Park

Don

Don
Don relaxing at our cabin at Silver Falls State Park, Sept. '08