Monday, October 27, 2008

My poor shoulders






Well, I went to the orthopedist today and had some X-rays done. I have calcium deposits and bone spurs on both my shoulders and because I've had them so long and the pain has been going on continually for a year, she's afraid I may have tendon damage so she's ordered an MRI (Yikes, claustrophobic nightmare). If there's tendon damage I'll probably need surgery because physical therapy and cordisone shots could damage the tendons more.

Yesterday Don and I walked out the front door to come face-to-face with a doe eating my potted flowers. This morning there were 3 deer eating my backyard plants. They're hard to shoo away - they just stand there and look at you. I took some pictures, but the light wasn't good so they're not great but I'll try to post them. I also took some pictures today of the beautiful fall foliage in Eugene and also of our new hospital (again, bad lighting-bad picture).

Yesterday was Stake Conference but it was a regional broadcast with Pres. Uchtdorf, Elder Perry and a couple of other general authorities speaking to all the stakes in Oregon. It was very good - 1st time we've had a Stake Conference like that.

I already finished reading "The Last Lecture." It was very good, inspirational and full of wisdom. Very short book but well worth reading, highlighting and re-reading.

Gas has sure gone down - it was $2.51 in Springfield this morning. Hope it stays down but it probably won't. Why hasn't food gone down too?

1 comment:

Hayley Winslow said...

I understand about the MRI thing. I've had tons for my head. They always move air through the machine, so I imagine I'm outside and I never open my eyes. It helps me get through the hour long scans.

Do you have any other photo's of Josh and Lili? I'd love to see more if you do!

Hope all goes o.k. with your shoulders. Good luck!

Joshua and Lily

Joshua and Lily
Joshua and Lily on the Oregon coast

South Falls

South Falls
South Falls at Silver Falls State Park

Don

Don
Don relaxing at our cabin at Silver Falls State Park, Sept. '08