Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm Cold

It's 65 degrees outside but I'm freezing all the time. This being skinny makes you COLD! I'm not used to this.

I went to my RS Book Club last night and discussed "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer. It was a great book - very thought-provoking. Our book club thinks there are a lot of hidden gospel messages in her books, particularly in the Twilight series. Next month we're reading "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch.

Joshua and Lily have set their wedding date - it's Sat. June 20th 2009. Hope lots of family can come, I'm so happy and excited for them. They are good for each other and get along so great.

I just voted. In Oregon everyone votes by mail. Don voted after me and ended up voting different on several of our ballot initiatives, they're so confusing and our ballot information booklet doesn't explain them well at all. I had heard enough about them on the radio that I think I had information about them that he didn't. We should have discussed them together, I guess.

I had some great cookies last night and I can't wait to make them. They're pumpkin-chocolate chip but the recipe is soooo easy. It's just a spice cake mix, a can of pumpkin and a bag of chocolate chips. Yumm!

Enough for now.

3 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

Welcome to the Freezing Club. Bethany and I have lived with it forever. It sucks. That's why we live where it is warm all the time. The summers really bug some people, but Beth and I do great here!

Beth and Chad said...

Amen to what Hayley wrote! I LOVE Southern Utah and the heat! I am used to taking a coat or sweater with me everywhere- in fact, Chad always questions when I DON'T take one.
We are so happy to hear about Josh and Lily's wedding date- we're going to start looking for flights out so that we can be there (as long as we're invited)!!
Love you guys!

Ryan and Mandi said...

We're also going to start looking at flights so we can come too! It'll give us a good excuse to come out and look at houses!! :)

Joshua and Lily

Joshua and Lily
Joshua and Lily on the Oregon coast

South Falls

South Falls
South Falls at Silver Falls State Park

Don

Don
Don relaxing at our cabin at Silver Falls State Park, Sept. '08