Monday, November 24, 2008

Change of Plans

We've decided to have Thanksgiving at home after all. I was watching Food Network (a very bad idea late at night when I'm already hungry) and decided I wanted all the yummy Thanksgiving leftovers so we went out and bought a turkey and all the trimmings. Then we found out about a couple of single sisters who didn't have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving so we invited them over.

I was at church from 8:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. yesterday. Church then 3 meetings and choir practice. Long day, but the poor bishop still had hours to go before he got to go home and he'd been there hours before me so I shouldn't feel bad.

I finished my Christmas shopping Saturday. We cut way back this year and it's kind of hard not being able to buy everything I'd like to for my kids but they're old enough to understand and they're really not that demanding. I'm just used to being able to do more. My Christmas cards are finished and ready to go out and I'm pretty much on top of all the Relief Society end of year and holiday stuff (gifts for sisters, 2009 budget, 2008 RS history, orders for Bishop's night at DI, food orders for Thanksgiving, Enrichment dates for 2009, Dec. Enrichment Night, etc.). I'm feeling pretty organized at the moment but that could change quickly. I was going to start decorating for Christmas this early this week but since I'm having people over for Thanksgiving, I guess I'll wait til the day after.

I'm so happy that my favorite radio talk show host, Glenn Beck is moving to the 3-6 p.m. slot instead of 6-9 p.m. He was always getting preempted for stupid basketball or baseball and besides, I don't usually have time to listen in the evening.

Joshua and Lily came over Sat. night. I gave them all Joshua's old Christmas ornaments but I'm not sure Lily's going to want to use them. I think she may want to decorate in a more elegant way. Joshua gets one free night at his hotel a year so Lily spent the night in the jacuzzi suite last night - today is her birthday.

1 comment:

Hayley Winslow said...

I know how it feels with the long Sundays. We are usually there early, then we have choir then Mike does his clerk calling until whenever. Doesn't seem like a day of rest does it. It's all good though. We'd just end up bumming around at home and making a bigger mess for me to clean up every Monday!

Joshua and Lily

Joshua and Lily
Joshua and Lily on the Oregon coast

South Falls

South Falls
South Falls at Silver Falls State Park

Don

Don
Don relaxing at our cabin at Silver Falls State Park, Sept. '08