Friday, December 5, 2008

Our Christmas House

Above the Kitchen
Dining Room Window
Living Room Christmas Tree
Woodland Nativity
Bookcase in Family Room
Shelf at Staircase Landing
Bird Alpine Trees at Staircase Landing
Closeup of Family Room Woodland Tree
Family Room Woodland Tree
Family Room Fireplace

Thought I'd post some pictures of some of my Christmas decorations. I'm finally pretty satisfied with my decorations. I changed some lights over my kitchen, had to buy new lights for the deck after Don spent 1 1/2 days trying to fix the old ones and I bought 3 new little Santas for a display shelf. Next year I want to make a few more changes (upgrades) but I have to do a little at a time.

Last night was the baptism I was asked to speak at. It was very nice and I guess my talk was fine. Then I had to rush over to another building to take two of my Nativity scenes for a Community Creche display our church hosts every year. There will be over 900 Nativity scenes there this year. It's quite spectacular.

Tonight our Relief Society Discovery Group is going on the First Friday Night Art Walk downtown (held every year on the 1st Friday in December). There will be lots of art galleries open for viewing so it should be fun. Then we're going to a place called Perugrino's for gelato. Don't know if I can eat that - could make me sick. Next Tuesday night is our RS Enrichment Night (Night in Bethlehem) and then Wednesday night our Book Club is going to see "Twilight" since we read the book series.

We did our Costco shopping yesterday and need to get to Fred Meyer for the rest of our grocery shopping today. Got my budget and calculator on my iPod and I'm committed to stick to it. I'm loving all the uses for my iPod. I keep my weight chart and calorie count on it, as well as shopping lists, Christmas lists, check Facebook, email, movies and weather on it and have my scriptures, other books, recipes, medical and first aid information and lots of games on it. Also music and photos, of course.

My physical therapy seems to be helping my left shoulder. The therapist finally discovered that my AC joint is the primary problem but the muscles in my upper back are very tight and contribute to my pain and immobility. He stretches the muscles and manipulates the joints which is helpful. I also have a few exercises to do.


No comments:

Joshua and Lily

Joshua and Lily
Joshua and Lily on the Oregon coast

South Falls

South Falls
South Falls at Silver Falls State Park

Don

Don
Don relaxing at our cabin at Silver Falls State Park, Sept. '08