Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New bedding


I'm excited because I found a wonderful comforter ensemble for a real bargain and if you saw our old bedding you'd know why I'm so happy about getting new stuff. I had bought a cheap down comforter years ago and new duvet cover, shams, bed skirt, pillows, etc. when we moved here. Well, the old comforter has somehow become completely misshapen and bunches up inside the duvet cover. Don has ended up with nothing on his side and it's a total mess to try to make the bed. The duvet cover has torn (it's very soft but not too sturdy) so that's another problem. I've been pricing new comforter sets but when you start adding up the shams, pillows, bed skirt, etc. it gets pretty expensive. So I came across this set on Overstock.com and priced it elsewhere and found out it was quite a bargain. The reviews for it were good so I ordered it. I can't wait to be able to make my bed decently again and for Don to have covers on his side so he doesn't keep pulling mine off me.

I went to the physical therapist yesterday. She pulled and stretched my arm and shoulder and it wasn't too bad. I had taken pain meds before I went and that helped my shoulder but made me very sick to my stomach so I had a pretty bad morning. We had taken the catheter (the block for my shoulder) out the night before so my pain level had definitely increased. I'm trying to take less pain meds but it's hard to balance getting enough pain relief and not making myself sick. I'm not sleeping well since the catheter came out but I'm sure things will improve with time.

I'd hoped I'd be able to have a couple of weeks off from Relief Society but there are a lot of things that have come up that I've had to deal with. My counselors are helping but I still have to be involved.

1 comment:

Michelle Pyne said...

The bedding is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! I hope it ends up looking just like the picture. What a bargain shopper you are! Next time I need something I will go to you for bargain hunting lessons.

Joshua and Lily

Joshua and Lily
Joshua and Lily on the Oregon coast

South Falls

South Falls
South Falls at Silver Falls State Park

Don

Don
Don relaxing at our cabin at Silver Falls State Park, Sept. '08