Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's all over

Well, I finally feel well enough to catch up my blog. My shoulder surgery went much better than expected - turns out I didn't have a torn rotator cuff at all so my recovery should go much quicker. I just had the calcium deposits and bone spurs cleaned off and a few other minor repairs made and now, 3 days after surgery I'm feeling pretty good. I have a temporary catheter in my neck which is administering a local block to my shoulder so that's helping with pain control. I also had a shoulder pad that had recirculated ice water running through it - I kept that on for 2 days until the swelling had gone down. I can move my arm and shoulder (with some discomfort) and am up and around. I'll have physical therapy for 6 weeks and I'm assuming after that I should be doing pretty normally. Don's been very helpful, he's waited on me hand and foot and has done everything I asked of him (except maybe making the bed right). I'd been pretty nervous about the surgery and recovery but everything turned out fine so I guess that should be a lesson to me not to worry so much.

My friend, Michelle, brought me a big basket of all kinds of fruit (which I've been devouring) and my friend Sandy brought me tulips and sugared nuts. Another friend is supposed to stop by today too and the missionaries were over a little while ago checking on me. I've had a lot of calls from friends and family asking how I'm doing - it's nice to know so many people are thinking of me. I've appreciated all the well-wishing on Facebook, too.

Anyway, I'm on the mend and should be back to normal soon.

No comments:

Joshua and Lily

Joshua and Lily
Joshua and Lily on the Oregon coast

South Falls

South Falls
South Falls at Silver Falls State Park

Don

Don
Don relaxing at our cabin at Silver Falls State Park, Sept. '08